Monday, November 6

Granddaughter's Birthday...


Yesterday, was my DGD Alexia's 18th birthday...my how time flies..
It seems like just yesterday that she was a tiny tot, and now she is driving a car and in uni studying forensic science and toxicology.
Now this was a little kid that would screw up her nose and say 'yuk' to everything...I'm so proud of her!
I made her this shabby chic style bed quilt, it doesn't show up too good here, but it's mainly in pink, (her fav.colour) all in Robyn Pandolph's 'Simply Irresistible' rose fabrics.
I know she will treasure it as she saves everything!...as a little kid she would save every lolly wrapper, she carefully unwraps her pressies and save the wrappers, so you could say she does her bit for the enviroment!
We celebrated at her dad's (my son's) restaurant, which you can see in my sidebar, I don't know how he does it...a full restaurant ordering a la carte and the family there as well, of course he has another chef and waitpersons to help.
...can you tell I'm a proud Mum and Nana!..

2 comments:

  1. And you should be proud!

    I love Pandolph fabrics, though I don't often use them. I have them in my stash at Fran's house. =) That's a lovely quilt for her, and isn't it surprising how fast they grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, she would have loved it so much! Of course now I've seen the quilt Julia, mine is nothing like it ... LOL I'll show you at Easter. The fabrics are gorgeous .. yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥