Wednesday, November 22

Christmas Beach Party...


What a great day we all had at my patchwork guilds Christmas beach party...
This is my group of wonderful friends.
That's me in the middle with the white t-shirt on. My dear friend sitting down unfortunately broke her left leg only a few days earlier....but she's amazing, a real trouper, she picked up myself and another friend only to drive us up to the party, a good hours drive away!
We had the table set up like you would at the beach...beach towels were our table cloths, we had sea shells all over the table, there were star fish on our little tree, with seahorses, little mermaids and shells hanging on the tree.
One of the girls made a sand castle out of sand paper...well what else would you use for a sand castle!...sand toys, fruit punch, fruit salad in a real cut out watermelon bowl.
Lots of great food, chicken and cranberry sauce sandwiches, skewered pawns, savory pastries, quiche, continental platter of yummies, and a beautiful Christmas fruit cake... etc

Our table won best theme table and we all had to go up on the stage to have our group photo taken , we each received a little prize...I got this little duck, which is a face washer folded up to look like this duck...too cute!

These happy looking belles of the beach won first prize for their costumes...and well deserved..don't they look great!
There were some funny costumes, some ladies in funny bathing suites, but I can't show you them all...my camera ran out of batteries!

We had a secret Santa swap of presents, ...we were all to make a small gift and swap, I unwrapped this lovely pincushion made by one of the girls.
No kidding, there are 25 pieces in this pincushion, put together with the English paper piecing method...it must of took hours. The colours are gorgeous, I love it.
All in all it was a great day!...

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day it sounds like you had! I love getting to see a picture of you, too. That is the cutest pin cushion. Thanks for sharing the pics of your lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Seems you had a great day!! The photographs look amazing!!!If you are looking out for some new Christmas ideas you can jus peep into my Holiday Blog......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe you all looked so happy and having so much fun! Glad to finnally "meet" you. I just loved the ladies in the vintage beach wear too! This looked like so much fun! What an adorable pin cushion you received! Don't you just love those surprises? Thank you for sharing your special day with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥