Sunday, October 29

Scissor Keeper....new project.


With the hussif gift finished and hidden away till Christmas, I started this little project last night..

I love the shape of this little scissor keeper...I wish I could take the credit for the shape but I must acknowledge that the credit goes to Lilla Le Vine .
I found this scissor keeper shape/design in an Aussie magazine with Lilla's amazing work, I love her work and the beautiful Victorian look she creates. Please go over and take a look at the beautiful bags Lilla creates.
I beaded the hand-dyed lace, stitched in a gold floss feather stitch, which I think is a good way to soften the look, and worked in little delica beads around the outside edge.
I still want to add a beaded tassel to the bottom, and perhaps make a little beaded scissor fob to match the tassel.
This should make a nice gift for one of my secret Santa gifts..

2 comments:

  1. What a nice scissor keeper.I agree with you she is really a creative and wonderful CQ-artist.

    I wish I had the pattern.I made a needlebook and now I hope I can find a pattern for a scissorkeeper and time to do one.
    Have a nice day
    Ulla in the north of Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you
    I enjoy following Lilla's apetterns and instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥