Thursday, October 5

Gathering Blocks...# 8 & 9...


That's another two Gathering Blocks done...
I don't know why, but for some reason, I seem to be doing a lot of purples and pinks.
The two colours really do look good together....but now I must branch out to other colours.
With the first block, I had this cross stitch Iris that I had done some time ago and thought it would look nice as a centre piece, so of course the colours in that piece lent itself for the colours of the block.
It doesn't show up very well here, but I have added lots of gold floss highlights through out the block for sparkle.
This block # 9.... Is done in a very deep purple, mauve, top right is a sparkly rich jade and a silky olive green velvet in the bottom right corner.
I worked in pearl and crystal beading around the purple cameo...I thought it went perfectly with this print of a sophisticated lady.
In the bottom right corner I have beaded a flower.

I think, I will have a little break from working on the gathering blocks and do something else for a while.....that's nine blocks done now, so I'm well on track to getting them done in time, hopefully before Christmas...

5 comments:

  1. Julia, these blocks are just wonderful! The laces you have used turn me green with envy, and you've embellished them so beautifully. This is going to be fabulous when it all goes together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are lovely almost makes want to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floral sprays are gorgeous... You know you are my muse, don't you?.. grin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, your blocks are something special, you make wonderful crazy embellishments:compliments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very gorgeous Julia ..... I so love your creative embroidery and everything you do! Cannot wait to see them all in person, that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥