Saturday, September 23

The Magic of Crazy Quilting...by Marsha Michler


This is a beautiful crazy quilting book by J. Marsha Michler.

I have had this book for quite a while, and apart from looking at the beautiful pictures over and over again, I have not really tried any of the stitch combinations....I seem to be stuck doing the same seam combinations that I'm used to doing and love.
This is what it says on the back of the book:
* There are clear instructions for completing an entire
crazy quilt.
* Four different piecing methods
* 1.000's of stitch variations
* Six new projects to try.
There are lots of coloured pictures of old vintage quilts.
There's a chapter called "Finishing Touches" with several methods for finishing a crazy quilt, adding borders, plain borders and mitred corners, and lots more.
At the back is a page on the meaning of flowers...every flower you could possibly think of is there.
I think it's a great book full of inspirational CQ and well worth a look at.
After looking at the book again it has renewed my enthusiasm to try some of the stitch combinations....

1 comment:

  1. I must search out this book, it sounds fantastic. Thanks Julia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥