Wednesday, September 13

Gathering Block...


I've finally started embellishing the gathering blocks...
I looked at this particular block and a thought..."Yes, I know who will get this one"....and that was all I needed to inspire me as to what I would do on this block.
I've said it so many times before, but black is so lovely to work on.
Especially with a bit of velvet and gold sparkle on it.
The gold braid I used here looks a bit dull, but it is a lovely old vintage gold colour and adds a bit of old world charm to the block...It is the third one down in my market buys from last Sunday.
With the pansy print in the centre, I thought I would make this block all up in Pansies, and stick to the colours of the print.
Still quite a bit more to do on this block, but I hope to have it done today.
Gotta go..meeting my embroidery friends today..

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous block!!!! I've finished one of my blocks too Julia, it's nice to feel I am getting somewhere - only 12 to go! LOL ONLY!!!!!!!!!! Love black with the pansies, just so pretty. This block reminds me of your pansy block you did some time ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥