Thursday, September 28

Folded Ribbon Roses...


I made this up yesterday evening while watching TV....
I was sitting there feeling a bit sorry for myself, just one of those days! ....and thought I needed to make something "pretty".
I haven't done this type of embroidery for sometime, so I really enjoyed working on this and letting it come to 'life' as I stitched....that's the beauty of ribbon embroidery, it grows as you stitch and in just a few hours you have something beautiful.
I scanned this, so the roses are a little flattened.
I used a satin edged organza ribbon for the folded roses and a 7mm silk ribbon for the leaves.
The same 7mm ribbon is used for the stems...I just twisted the ribbon and couched it down.
I softened the overall effect with tiny delica beads highlights.
Now, will I frame it or make it up into a cushion! ...

2 comments:

  1. I agree....when you have one of those days it is good to make something nice. Your flowerbouquet is beautiful. Roses from you to you
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful Julia ..... hope today is better for you! huggggssss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥