Friday, September 1

Combining Machine and Hand Details....



I spent some time yesterday playing on my sewing machine to see how the fancy stitches on the machine would sew up in metallic thread...not bad!
Then I thought, maybe I could add some hand stitching to it and combine the two for a different slant on seam treatments for my Cq's.
I do think though, that nothing really beats hand stitching, but it was worth a try, and I think I would do it again on something else...
So, here on this heart that I've called "Victorian Rose" are some machine and hand stitched details..







This heart is called "A Stitch in Time".

I have a few prints with the old sewing machines, and I think they look great combined with the Victorian style CQ and colours.

2 comments:

  1. Both hearts are great. I love some of the specialty stitches on my sewing machine. They can be combined into some very interesting things. I won't swap any hearts with the machine stitching, but I will be making some for myself with it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...your hearts is so beautiful.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥