Wednesday, August 2

Pincushion ...Eye Candy..


I made this foot stool style pincushion a couple of years ago for my teaching class ...
Dh made the mini foot stool for me, and I padded it and covered it in a stretch velvet.
Love that stretch fabrics...It takes the hard work out of trying to get shapes to fit properly.
I made some wired ribbon pansies to embellish the top, beaded the gold braid with crystal beads then glued the braid on around the pincushion.
The pincushion sits on the hat stand just inside the front entry, and I love to display the antique brooches that I pick up at garage sales and a few hat pins that I made...

3 comments:

  1. That pincushion is gorgeous! Love the idea for stretch velvet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this pin cushion- I am going to have a go at this one for sure- I have never thought of using stretch velvet- until yesterday didnt know there was such a thing- spotlight roaming- and here today is a use for it- oh yourpin cushion is so very very beautiful I loves it
    love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥