Wednesday, July 5

Hexagon Quilt...Finished and on the table.


At last...My hexagon table topper is finished and on the table!
All done in the 1930's reproduction fabrics, all hand pieced and quilted...I thought this quilt was never going to get done.
I do tend to get a bit impatient to finish things as there are so many other things I want to get onto.
It has turned out really nice though, I decided to do the half dresden plates around the border and quarter dresden plates in the corners.
It did start out to be a bed size quilt,...But as you can see, I gave up that idea and made it into a table topper instead.
This measures 1.5 metres x 1.5 metres...And this table topper makes a nice change from the one I've had on the table for the last couple of years..

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, all them wee tiny pieces .... omg .. you have the patience of a saint Julia! But really, wasn't it worth it ... it looks stunning on your table ... HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥