Monday, July 17

Day 27...Straight Stitch...Spiders Web


Today Sharon is posting about a seam treatment using a simple straight stitch..
I haven't used straight stitch very much in my seam treatments...And seeing what Sharon has shown today, inspires me to explore my CQ books for more ideas using the simple straight stitch.
Pam Kellogg of Kitty & Me Designs has featured a chart for a spider web motif using straight stitch. .

Here is a picture of a spider I have on my fan quilt.
I like to do mine with metallic thread, usually just one strand of DMC old gold thread
I like to make my spiders hanging from the web, by a straight stitch thread.
I use a large bead for the body and then a medium round bead for the head.
I make the legs also using just one strand of DMC gold floss and straight stitches...
While it is believed that spiders are for good luck ....I much prefer to have a pretend one on a CQ block..

1 comment:

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥