Sunday, June 4

Lampshade....Next stage.



Before I go on to the next stage, I though I would answer a question put to me in the comments:
Do I line the lampshade covers?... No, I don't usually line it as I try to pick fabric that is not see through or flimsy, but I did line a CQ shade that I made for the "Through Your Eyes Challenge: If You Can Imagine It, CQ It". ...You can see the lampshade here . I did find it very tricky to do.
It had to be lined as to cover all the Cq thread and ribbon ends on the back.
All I did was...After I Cqed all the panels, I tacked a piece of lining fabric to the back of each panel and just glued the panels to the frame just as I'm doing now.
Calidore, left a comment that she has successfully used a glue gun to do her shade, I tried it but I found the glue a bit lumpy and the glue stick I used did not dry clear, it was a bit yellowish, but if you find it easier to use a glue gun , by all means do.
I will have to see if I can get better glue sticks, I must admit, the ones I
used were what I found in Dh's shed...

Remove the pins and with a pair of small sharp scissors carefully trim back the excess fabric to the frame.




This next stage is a little more fiddly as you now don't have the open panels to put your hand into.
Just repeat the same process as before for glueing and pinning the panels onto the frame, but be very careful not to put too much glue and have it swish out onto the next panel, just put a thin line of glue right on the frame rib..
Now leave the frame to dry as before....The glue I used is almost instant drying, and it's ready to use in a couple of hours.
As before, when the glue has completely dried, remove the pins and carefully trim back the excess fabric to the frame.
Now, it's just a matter of glueing the braid on the shade.
Back a little later when I've glued some braid on...

0 kind people said..:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥