Thursday, May 4

Work on Maureen's RR Block...


I have really enjoyed working on Maureen's Victorian flower RR block..
Cream is just great to work on.
On this block I picked out the colours of the flowers in the print. I love that print..
I lightly tea dyed a lace basket motif, by dipping it in black tea and rinsing away most of the tea dye to leave a lovely soft creamy colour.
On the top left corner, I stitched on the lace basket and filled it with ribbon flowers and buds,.
I also added three pale pink glass flower beads and sprinkled a few crystal beads among the flowers, then finished the basket off with a pretty pink bow.
The chain stitched seam treatment on the right is worked in a cream # 8 crochet cotton and the same silk ribbon colours as in the basket.

I have a thing about balance on a block.
so down in the right bottom corner, I have worked in this topiary tree.
The topiary tree is also worked in the same colour ribbons as the other work.
I think I just need now to work on a little seam near the tree to finish off my work on this block.
Then it's off to Sandie to work her magic on it...

1 comment:

  1. Well since I have nothing to do now ... and no new projects started ... (cause I just finished one and my UFO drawer is closed not screaming at me) I'm going to make myself a cream on cream block, I've been so inspired watching your blocks develope and how pretty they are and now Maureens beautiful one. Stunnninnnnnggggggg!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥