Monday, May 22

Victorian RR....Rosemary's Block..


This is the work I have done On Rosemary's RR Block...
I could just see the print in the middle surrounded with a wisteria vine...One of my favourite flowers.
I planted the vine in a terracotta pot,
The wisteria flowers are French knots worked in a variegated pure silk thread called "Wisteria" from Hand Dyed Fibres.
I added a fan made out of a piece of lace, beaded and finished off with a little tassel.
I also did the seam treatments under the fan, using silk threads in two different shades of mauve.
I would love to do more, but there are four other ladies yet to work on it.
It's off to Sandie soon to work her magic on it....

1 comment:

  1. Julia, this is so sweet .. love the Wisteria, would love to see the fan close up. I done a fan recently on one of my blocks ... been studying them to do more! Love your seam treatments .....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥