Monday, May 8

Victorian Purse...


Well. I knew that would happen..
That pretty painted lace kept calling me to do something with it..The more I looked at it, the more I had to do something....As for that ironing..Well, tomorrow's another day!


At the craft fair last weekend, I saw a little purse that I fell in love with, and have not been able to get it out of my mind.
So I thought I would have a go and make one.
It was very simple in style, except for the top closure part of the purse.
I would normally just put the main part of the purse on a metal frame, but this idea really had me thinking as to how I could go about making it..


I have cut out the main pieces, but I think I may have to trim the top closure part back a bit as it seems a little big for the rest of the purse..
As it happens, I had painted two pieces of lace the same, which will be perfect for the purse.
I will use one of the lace pieces for the yoke (if I could call it that) of the purse, and the other piece to embellish around the print.
I will bead the lace pieces and and work in silk ribbon flowers around the print and among the beaded lace..
It's a shame the fabric did not scan it's true colour, as it really is a pretty rich purple plum colour..

1 comment:

  1. Julia, I can't wait to see the finished purse. This is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥