Wednesday, May 10
Victorian Purse ...finished
I found it a little more challenging than I thought it would be.
I had a bit of trouble joining the yoke to the main body of the purse, and had to end up stitching it on by hand.
I inserted template plastic in the yoke to give it body, and make it stay upright.
The purse I saw at the show had two ordinary round magnets glued inside the yoke underneath the fabric, but I used a proper clip on magnetic closure.
The lace motif on the yoke is all beaded , and the lace motif around the print is embellished with silk ribbon embroidery and beading.
The lady in the print has a gold chain stitch necklace with a tiny crystal bead hanging off it and a crystal bead earring, her hat is embellished with ribbon roses
I finished off the purse with some lovely bead fringing
I think I will need to fine tune the pattern and make up another purse to make sure it goes together better ...But all in all I am happy with the finished look, it was fun as well as challenging to do..
Posted by Julia at 7:23 AM