Monday, May 29

Crazy on Cream # 6....


I have started working on my Crazy on Cream block # 6...
I have decided not to cut up this block, but to leave this block as it was with the doily stitched on in the middle.
The block already had a little flower motif, and as it is pink, I thought I would leave it there.
I have added a tea dyed fan and flower lace motif and worked in a few stitch combinations using a cream #8 perle cotton thread and a silk palest pink thread.
It's amazing what a difference it makes to the block when I add a little green thread for the leaves...It just seems to come to life.
I was thinking of just doing six blocks for a wallhanging...But really nine would be a better size wallhanging for my bedroom...
We'll see....

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Julia! Do you want any more old crochet doilies? I don't collect crocheted things (have to draw the line somewhere!) and I have quite a few here that I was planning to list on eBay in a bulk lot for crafters, but you are welcome to them if you can use them.
    Email me direct if you want them -my addy is on my blogs somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥