Thursday, April 6

Tassel or Pincushion ?...


I'm trying to decide whether to make the half doll I've been given into a tassel or a pincushion...
I love Sandie's idea of a pincushion, and especially all done in creams, though I do think the lady looks very pale and may need a bit of colouring, a bit of blush perhaps!

I have already made these two half doll tassels, so a pincushion would be a nice change.

I had an email from "Katherine" and she thinks the lady is off the top of an Avon perfume bottle, I must ask my friend who gave it to me..

2 comments:

  1. Julia, you know she might be right....... she seem so familiar to me somehow, my grandmother sold avon for years, I remember quite a few perfume doll bottles. Too bad I didn't keep these, they would make great half dolls. I wonder if my mom has a box in the closet somewhere. Even if she is avon, she will still make a stunning half doll or even to use her face for a polymer mold for clay faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, i would never have guessed the doll was on an Avon bottle..
    I will keep a look out for them at garage sales now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥