Sunday, April 23

Gold Fan for Golda...finished


Gold Fan...finished
Originally uploaded by Ribbonwiz.
Well, after a solid four hours of stitching, the gold fan is finished...
I thought the gold Sardi was hard enough to work with, the three tone metalic thread cord, I have to say was worse..
Trying to twist it, hold it down and couch it in place all at the same time was no mean feat.
It kept untwisting and kinking as I stitched it down.
I could have used another pair of hands..
But, I'm really happy with the way it finished up...

4 comments:

  1. I love fan quilts and embroidered fans and this fan. Like very thing else that you do Julia...it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I mucked about with such threads and got all tangled .. I keep looking at them now and thinking uh oh, I ain't trying 'you' again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, that has to be one of the very best fans I have ever seen. You've excelled yourself!! love Viv

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥