Friday, April 7

Cream on Cream Quilt..


Cream on Cream Quilt..
Originally uploaded by Ribbonwiz.
While cleaning out my sewing room, I came across this old cream on cream quilt..
I started this quilt so long ago, I've forgotton when, so I'm unpicking it and thought I'd redo it with CQ.
This quilt was way before CQ and I think even before I was interested in sane patchwork.
What was I thinking back then!
I used craft wadding as a backing, which I will have to leave, as all the lace is stitched to the wadding.
I used all bits and pieces of lace that I could find, and old doilies that I tea dyed.
I might take off some of the tea dyed lace as there is too much of it and they look a bit too dark for the cream on cream look.
I worked little bullion stitch roses on some of the blocks, so I will try and work around them if I can.
I'm thinking I might cut the blocks up and reassemble them to look more like they are pieced for CQ.
Well, this and all the other stuff I need to get done should keep me out of trouble for a while..

3 comments:

  1. I like the tea dyed lace. Maybe you could just spread those blocks around more. The whole quilt top is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it'll look nice!

    What size will it be when finished? I can't tell from the picture if it's a little wallhanging size, lap quilt size, or bigger?

    The softly aged look of tea dye is great - I think Maddie had a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Maddie,
    I will try speading the pieces around and not have the teadyed so close together..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥