Saturday, April 15

Crazy On Creams...



Receiving Maureen's cream on cream block for the Victorian RR, inspired me to go ahead and cut up the old UFO I had in the cupboard for so long I had forgotten it was there.

I started making this way back before I had even started sane patchwork, I remember seeing a lovely cream on cream heirloom quilt in a book somewhere and thought I would have a go at doing one too..

Knowing what I know now about CQ, and looking at the old blocks, I really had no idea how to go about making this quilt then.
I had backed the blocks with calico and craft wadding.. what was I thinking! ..

The fabric and lace is sewn onto the two layers..
So I've decided rather than try to unpick it all away from the backing, I would just cut the blocks up and piece them back together CQ style onto a fine muslin.. Plus I thought this would give the finished ( whatever it will be ) project some body..



I separated the blocks and started cutting them up to piece back into CQ blocks.
I wanted to include some lovely prints that I have received in RAOK's, so I worked them into the blocks.
Some of the old blocks have bullion stitch roses and other embroidery, so I also need to work around them, it would be a shame to waste all that work all ready done on them.




I have started stitching on this block.
The bullion roses in the middle is off one of the old blocks, so I thought I would add little touches of the palest pink to tie the whole lot together..
The butterfly is tea dyed, and I'm thinking about beading it with faux pearls..
I'm really enjoying doing these blocks and it will be a great way of working out what I will do on Maureen's block..

1 comment:

  1. That is just awesome! Found you thru Patra's Place. Some really fun stuff on here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥