Saturday, March 11

Purses..




I have been so busy with real life stuff the last few days, that I don't have any new stitching started to show you.
I did make these purses a while back and thought they would be nice to post.
I love this first one, it is not my design, it was in one of the Aussie Embroidery and Cross Stitch magazines.
The purse is made from a lace motif that has been very heavily beaded and Silk Ribbon Embroidered.
it's finished with a beaded tassel, sorry I've chopped the tassel off in the photo.






This black purse is my design.
I taught this purse in my embroidery class.
The purse is made up in velvet and brocade CQ, with hand painted laces, lots of SRE flowers and beading.
I think the bought beaded fringe picks up the colours of the silk ribbon and finishes the purse off nicely..

4 comments:

  1. These purses are fantastic. Very Victorian again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I drool all over my keyboard everytime I see your work! Oh, such beautiful things you make!

    I've had great intentions of making some CQ handbags but you know what they say about the best of intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pam,
    Maybe when your renovations are finished, you will get to make some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥