Monday, March 6

New Heart..


It's still hot here in Perth, Western Australia, but I just can't stand not having anything to stitch while watching TV in the evening.
It seems such a waste of time to just sit and do nothing.
I had this lovely mermaid print and I was keen to make it up in a heart for the Chain of Hearts swap.
So with all my threads and underwater charms by my side, I positioned myself under the air conditioner and happily stitched to my hearts content.
Feather stitch is a great one for the seaweed, so I did lots of feather stitch in a shiny green rayon DMC thread and coral silk thread for some coral.
I embroidered some little fish in gold thread, swimming among the seaweed.
This heart will be a hard one to part with..

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, it's hot here too, we've not had much below 42, and as high as 48 ... ugh! Long hot Summer. This heart is just so sweet, I love all the details and each time I looked, I found something new to spy. Try and keep cool ...
    Hugs
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a wonderful eye for the details... I love how you work a piece as a whole instead of following the seams.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥