Monday, March 13

More Purses..


I have just about finished the jeans bag.
I was hoping to have it finished yesterday, but it was such a beautiful day, we went down to the Sunday markets on the beach, strolled around the market and then had breakfast in a cafe overlooking the Indian ocean.
At last the weather has cooled down a little, and is a lot more bearable.
Here are two more purses I made a while back.
This first purse is made up in a lovely bronze fabric that was on special, marked down to a ridiculous price, I just had to buy it.
The fabric was already pintucked in that quilted design, which was a bonus.
I only embellished the flap of the purse and sewed little crystal beads on the quilted part.



This purse is made up in black velvets and brocades.
I particularly love working on black, everything just seems to zing and pop out on black fabric, no matter what colour you use.



I have used a lot of hand painted laces and motifs.
Lots of SRE and two silk prints.
The top of the purse is cut into six petals with beaded tassels on the tips.
I have lined the purse with taffeta, and finished it off with a drawstring cord

5 comments:

  1. Oh Julia, I could just stare at your work all day long and never get anything else done! These are so beautiful! Yes, everything really seems to pop on the black. Do you use these? Or are they for looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Your work is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pam,
    No, most of my work were the samples for my class and I don't use them, they are displayed all over the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one, the brown, is lovely. I love the roses on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just smashing Julia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥