Tuesday, March 7

More Heart Cushions..


It's Tuesday already.. and I'm off to my sane patchwork group again today to work on the kaleidoscope quilt.
I do it every Tuesday, running late that is, I know I really should prepare things to take the night before, but I never do.
So I thought I would sneak in another two cushions quickly while I have the time.
This first one is quite lovely, worked on a damask fabric, and the ribbon , one of my favourites to use, is Bucilla called Purple Haze in 7mm.
There is that good old feather stitch again, with French knots at each tip.
I added a gold continuous bead trim to finish off the cushion.
Here will take you to a bigger picture.

.
This next hanging cushion is smaller and looks great hanging on a door knob.
This cushion is one of my very first pieces of CQ and it is made up in velvets and pinwale cord.
I had just started to hand paint the laces, so of course I just had to add lots of the laces and I finished this cushion off adding a lovely beaded tassel..

I'm off to get ready for Patchwork..

3 comments:

  1. You have done a super job on your hearts!! What treasures!!! I hadn't thought about a beaded tassle....might have to borrow your idea! :__)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful....what more can I say!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo many pretty things you have created! Great work! I'm sure all the hearts you have swapped have become cherished as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥