Monday, February 13

Nana's Garden Calendar Holder..




This is a calendar holder I made in 2003,
I got tired of the calendar falling on the floor all the time, so I designed this holder for it.
I taught this in my embroidery class just before Christmas that year.
It was so popular, after the initial lesson, the ladies all made a few calendar holders for Christmas gifts




Here is a close up of the embroidery design.


I haven't started anything new just yet as I'm trying to finish off a quilt I started last year.
I think the hardest part of quilting for me is the machine quilting.
Trying to get all that bulk, with all those pins in it under the machine is a pain in the you know what.
I'll post a picture of it when it's done..

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I LOVE that!!! Did you design it, or use a chart from a book or whatever? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that shoe you have in your profile. Is it china or stitched? I collected shoes at one time and I have a few nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gina,
    That is my design, I designed it and taught it in a class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Margaret, I love this shoe too. I have another one that I'll post a pic of.
    I designed and made that shoe,
    It's CQ in velvets and brocade fabrics, embellished and stitched.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥