Sunday, January 22

Redwork Stitches..

I was asked what stitches I use on redwork.
I use very basic stitches of Stem stitch, Straight stitch, Back stitch, Chain stitch, and Lazy Daisy stitch.
I like to work the outside lines in two strands of embroidery threads, and finer lines in one strand.
For instance, I would work the outside lines of a dress in two strands of thread to define it more and the folds of the dress in one strand.
Though it is not done in normal redwork, I also like to add tiny red delica beads to the centre of the lazy daisy flowers.
I think the beads just give it that little bit of sparkle, especially if the flowers are on a crinoline lady's dress
Sharon of inaminuteago, has a great dictionary of stitches, you will find all the ones I mentioned and heaps more..

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know my blog is published now. It's iriscabin@blogspot.com and my first attempt at redwork is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, goofed again the address is iriscabin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥