Sunday, January 1

Cafe Au Lait #4


I have done a bit more on the "Cafe Au Lait" quilt inspired by looking through Carole Samples Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches
As the saying goes " when in doubt, read the book".
The coffeepot on the left is from the book, I traced it onto tissue paper and stitched the outline of the coffeepot through the paper onto the block then removed the paper.
I embellished the coffeepot with gold floss and copper beads.
I stem stitched in the word "Cafe" on the dark chocolate fabric piece, now I'm thinking of adding words like "Mocha" and "Latte".
Beneath the centre print I stem stitched in two hearts with Fargo roses and added the eyelet teadyed lace with the grape ribbon threaded through.


I must tell you about this great thread that came in the kit, I had never used it before.
The thread is lovely to use, the one I have is called Fall Foliage #146, an overdyed variegated cotton floss by Needle Necessities I love it and will have to get some more in different colours.
NAYY.. No affiliation..

2 comments:

  1. Needle Necessities is wonderful - I have it all. If you have a nearby friend, the skeins are so generous and easy to divide, you each buy one and swap half. Over a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Chloe, wish you lived close by.
    Maureen G, do you have any?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥