Saturday, January 21

Bonnie Bonnet Redwork..




While looking for something yesterday, I came across this redwork I stitched a couple of years ago and forgot I had.
I bought the patterns for Bonnie Bonnet and Denim Dan 2-3 years ago at the big Craft and Quilt Fair held here once a year in May.
I think originally I was going to make them up into two quilts.
These little blocks will be great to take along and stitch when meeting with stitching friends.
Now with everything else that I want to do, it could be another couple of years before these get done..




Cute Bonnie Bonnet and Denim Dan redwork patterns





6 comments:

  1. Thank you for shareing Bonnie Bonnet. I have just started doing redwork. Could you tell me which stitches you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iris,
    I just use basic stitches like stem stitch, back stitch, lazy daisy, chain stitches and straight stitches.
    Use two strands of thread for thicker outlines and one strand for inside lines like skirt folds.
    I hope this helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your help. My redwork should definitely improve now. You have also inspired me to try the crazy patch embroidery. The hearts are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris, crazy patch is fun to do and there are no rules so you can do anything, I'm sure you would love it.
    I tried to go to your blog but I could not get through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ribbonwiz, I'm sorry about that but I'm still working on the blog. I'm new to blogging and it's taking me a while to get it set up the way I want. I have several things ready to post and I should have the site ready in the next couple of days. I'll let you know when it's ready.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't those Aunt Martha's transfers the cutest things? And so easy to stitch - perfect for redwork! I have half a dozen packets of them, courtesy of Pam Kellogg, who sent me some in exchange for some goodies I sent her. Wish they were widely available in Australia...but then maybe it is just as well (for me) they aren't. I would spend far too much on them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥