Wednesday, December 7

Redwork..


I do it every year...
Every year , I say I will make an early start on Christmas presents, and every year I don't.
So here I am again, stitching madly to get things done for Christmas.
I love crinoline ladies, a dear friend shared with me some transfers of different crinoline ladies and at the last minute I decided to make up this beautiful design in redwork for my DDIL.
I am stitching it up in DMC 115 stranded cotton, it a lovely varigated burgundy, which gives lovely contrasts of light and dark shadings.
I have caught down the criss-cross design on her skirt and sleeves with tiny burgundy delica beads to add a bit of sparkle.
On the ground near the tree, I will stitch in hollyhocks and some grass.
I think I will make this up as a cushion, not sure yet if I will add a deep red frill or a frill of cotton lace...

I love this design so much, I think I will just have to make another one for myself...

2 comments:

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥