Friday, November 11

What The Mailman Brought!



I'm presently working on the sixth block of my Victorian Fan Quilt, and I was reaching the stage that I did not know what to do next. 9 x 12" blocks is a lot of embellishing.
A dear friend Jenny, in the USA sent me this lovely book by Carole Samples.
From my heart, thank you Jenny
It's a wonderful book, jam packed full of great stitch combinations, I don't think I would live long enough to try out all the combinations, but I will surely try!
Sharon B of In A Minute Ago has a great article about the book and some Dream-a-seam plastic templates by Carole Samples that are used to mark seams on a crazy quilt block before embroidering and embellishing.
Off to CQ heaven to try some more stitch combinations...

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've been wanting this book but I would have to order it sight unseen. They don't carry it at my bookstore.
    It looks very nice! And what a nice surprise to receive it as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of purchasing this book and Carol's templates ..... they sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥