Friday, November 4

Two More Fan Blocks


I am back working on my Fan Quilt after a short break to finish off some other stuff that needed attention.
I am only scanning what will fit under the scanner at this stage, but you can see most of the whole block
I have a deadline for the completion of this quilt, so I really have to get going on it.
This is block # 2
I have added silk ribbon pansies and little snowdrops to the silk print, also a gold chain stitch braclet on the wrist.
I have hand dyed the lace basket motif and beaded the flowers and leaves.
The gold brass basket charm is filled with Fargo roses and finished off with a pink bow.



Block #7
On this block I have added some Foxgloves, a beaded butterfly and the traditional spider for good luck.
On this block you can see the beautiful rich Burgundy Dupion silk corners I am finishing each fan with.

Must go and do some more..
Sew much to do, sew little time....

1 comment:

  1. Oh how beautiful! I'm really enjoying your progress photos!

    I hand painted some appliques for my Red Hat block but for some reason, they just didn't work so I went with plain cream colored lace.

    Anyway, these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥