Tuesday, November 1

Melbourne Cup Day

Today the first Tuesday of November was Melbourne Cup Race Day.
The one race that stops a nation.
Just about everyone stops and watches the race either at the track or on the TV at luncheon sweeps somewhere.
My patchwork group " The Pelican Quilters" were invited to join another patchwork group "The Safety Bay Quilters" for a get together and lunch. We take turns at hosting the lunch each year.
It was the best day!
We were treated to a great lunch, fruit punch, yummy cakes and fresh fruit.
The ladies put together some great prize raffles of fabric fat quarters, packets of different threads, little stitchery kits, and sweet baskets.
The money raised being donated to the Pakistan earthquake victims.
Before the race, we had show and tell of all the beautiful quilts the girls had made.
unfortunately the horses I had came fourth and last, but I did get $2 for my horse coming last
This year I did not have time to decorate a hat, but here is the hat I wore last year. I made it up from bits and pieces I had around the house. I glued, tied on with wire and did whatever I could to hold the things in place
I called it my Aussie Backyard hat, of course I had to have the old out door thunder box, a quilt on the line, scarecrow, a duck and vegies in the garden .
My hat won me a bottle of Chardonnay, which Dh and I enjoyed later on.
Well, I think it will be an early night for me tonight!

0 kind people said..:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥