Sunday, October 16

Victorian Quilt Blocks


I took some time off my grandma's garden quilt and started piecing the Victorian CQ quilt.
I have had two wonderful productive days working on my Victorian quilt blocks.
So far I have pieced five blocks, I had forgotten how fiddly and time consuming piecing blocks can be, not to mention the mess in my sewing room, bits of fabric everywhere!
I am piecing all the blocks in the one colour scheme, burgundies, dusty pink, olive green, gold and black .
As for the 1/4 circle base of the fan, I'm not sure if I will piece that in black or Burgundy, I shall see what all the blocks look like when laid out together.





Blocks number 1 and 2,
The pictures taken with the camera do not show the true colours. The reds are more a deep Burgundy.






This block has a beautiful silk print of a young lady with roses in her hair, this will look lovely will ribbon roses.



Block #3








I have a lovely Cameo cabochon to go on this block



Block #4


Block #5 Oppps! it's upside down, ( still learning)
it has a hand holding a basket of pansies.

Three blocks to go, I shall have so much fun embellishing these blocks, that is definitely the the part I love best about CQ

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how lovely! It truly does have that Victorian look! Can't wait to see what you do for embellishing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥