Thursday, October 13

Victorian CQ Quilt



Today I thought I would make a start on a CQ Victorian quilt, I have been wanting to do for a long time.
Except for the Katrina "All That Jazz " block I have not done any CQ for quite a while, doing the Jazz block has inspired me again to do more .
I am inspired by this wonderful Victorian CQ kit I won earlier this year as part of my prize on CQMagonline for a CQ lampshade I did for the "If you can imagine it, CQ it" challenge.

I thought I would work with this block adding five more blocks using the same rich Victorian colours, silk Victorian prints and hand dyed laces.


This is my CQ lampshade, I love it!

It was a lot of work, but worth it, it's all done in shades of cream and gold silk and jacuard fabrics.

Each panel has a different ivory lace motif, which I have embellished with pearl seed beads and SRE.
To achieve the Victorian look that I love, I embellished all the panels predominately in little spider web roses and tiny rose buds in three different shades of pinks and mauves.
Each panel also has a little gold charm: cherub, butterfly, and gold basket filled with tiny roses and of course a gold spider for good luck
To finish off my Victorian lampshade I beaded the two-inch fringe in crystal and ivory drop beads. The base is an old brass and crystal one that I had in the cupboard and finally put to good use

It's just gorgeous when lit up

I'm off to make a start on my quilt!

1 comment:

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥