Wednesday, October 12

Patchwork Day

Yesterday I had a wonderful time at my local p/work group, The Pelican Quilters, so called because we live in a little seaside town.
We meet every Tuesday from 9.30am till 1.30pm.
They are a great bunch of ladies, we talk, laugh, share ideas and sometimes sew, as usual I did not get much sewing done.
Once a year in the month of May, we hold a big morning tea to raise money for the Cancer foundation. We invite friends, family and other groups to come and enjoy the morning with us and help us raise as much money as we can for the cause.
Everyone is encouraged to bring along their work to show and tell,
We make a special quilt to raffle, have door prizes, a little trivia quiz, and we all make yummy cakes and tasties, all in all a good day is had by everyone
This year we raised over $887.00.

0 kind people said..:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥